This insurance offers protection for purchases in an online shop in the EU or US. If the refrigerator you buy online is damaged on delivery or the wrong product is delivered and the supplier refuses to accept responsibility, this insurance will make sure you get your money back.
What does it cover?
When are you covered?
- Your purchase must be paid for in full using a KBC Gold Credit Card or KBC Platinum Credit Card.
- Your purchase must cost at least 100 euros.
- The cover only applies to appliances included on the list of insured goods.
This insurance is free of charge and optional. You must register for the insurance policy in order to benefit from its cover.
This insurance is included with the following credit cards
Good to know
Please note: you should read the general terms and conditions of this insurance policy so that you are familiar with the precise scope of the cover: General conditions for Platinum insurance.
- The insurance is offered by KBC Insurance NV – Professor Roger Van Overstraetenplein 2 – 3000 Leuven – Belgium. VAT BE 0403.552.563 – RLP Leuven – IBAN BE43 7300 0420 0601 – BIC KREDBEBB. Company licensed by the National Bank of Belgium, de Berlaimontlaan 14, 1000 Brussels, Belgium, for all classes of insurance under code 0014 (Royal Decree of 4 July 1979, Belgian Official Gazette of 14 July 1979). Member of the KBC Group.
- Your KBC Bank
branch is the first point of contact for any complaints you may have
about this advertisement. If no agreement can be reached, please
contact KBC Complaints Management, Brusselsesteenweg 100, 3000
Leuven, email@example.com, tel. 0800 62 084 (free of charge) or + 32 78 15 20 45 (charges
apply), fax + 32 16 86 30 38.
If you cannot find a suitable solution, you can contact the Belgian ombudsman service for financial conflicts: Ombudsfin vzw, North Gate II, Albert II-laan 8 bus 2, 1000 Brussels, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.ombfin.be.
If you have a complaint with regard to insurance, you can contact the Belgian insurance industry's ombudsman service: Ombudsman van de Verzekeringen, de Meeûssquare 35, 1000 Brussels, email@example.com, www.ombudsman.as.
You can submit a claim under the insurance as long as your credit card is active and you have paid the card fee. The insurance ends automatically when the contract between KBC Bank NV and the insurer is terminated.
- All the insurance policies described here are subject to Belgian law.
- This insurance policy is a class 16 product (insurance against
miscellaneous financial loss).
The conditions of cover are available from any KBC Bank branch or at www.kbc.be/platinum. The general conditions alone determine your right to compensation from the insurer.
Cardless cash withdrawals with KBC Mobile
Forgot your bank card? Use your smartphone to withdraw cash.
What is KBC Touch?
Touch is an app that lets you easily manage your banking and insurance online on your computer or tablet.
Platinum Mastercard giving you the best in travel insurance cover
This card gives you a spending limit of up to 7,500 euros and the best in insurance cover when you're travelling.